If you are an adult or adolescent experiencing difficulties such as:
- Problematic thinking and behavior patterns
- Impulsiveness, self-harm, cutting, drinking, or drug use
- A history of unsatisfactory and unstable relationships
- Feeling controlled by your emotions
- Intense shame, irritability, or anger
- Past failed attempts in therapy
My comprehensive Dialectical Behavior Therapy program may be right for you! The comprehensive DBT program includes individual therapy, skills training, and telephone coaching; and helps replace destructive thoughts and behavior patterns with healthier and more fulfilling choices. Please call for additional information about this program.
DBT individual therapy is focused on enhancing your motivation and helping you to apply the techniques learned in Skills Group to specific challenges and events in your life. Typically, individual therapy takes place once a week for as long as the you are in therapy and runs concurrently with skills groups.
DBT phone coaching is focused on providing you with in-the-moment coaching on how to use skills to effectively cope with difficult situations that arise in your everyday life. You can call between sessions to receive coaching at the times when you need help the most.
DBT skills training group is focused on enhancing your capabilities by teaching you behavioral skills. The group is run like a class where the group leader teaches the skills and assigns homework for you to practice using the skills in your everyday life. Groups meet on a weekly basis for approximately 1.5 hours.
The skills taught in group fall into one of four categories:
- Mindfulness: the practice of being fully aware and present in the moment.
- Distress Tolerance: how to tolerate pain in difficult situations, not change it.
- Emotion Regulation: how to change emotions that you want to change.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: how to ask for what you want and say no while maintaining self-respect and relationships with others.
Both adolescent and adult tracks are available. Please click here to contact us today.